A Mammoth Leap

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This sand tells stories. It’s not your usual art – it’s better. When you look down and you see that the earth has been drawing lines and curves in the sand for eons.

Specific Feedback

Any constructive feedback welcome.

Technical Details

23 mm at ISO 320 and 1⁄1250sec at ƒ/8

What a nice find! I love that unusual swirl, supported by the curves. Nicely framed!!

Thanks Diane! :pray:

I agree with Diane-those little swirls really make this image. I don’t know whether it was intentional, but those areas look a little soft in the larger image to me.

Saundie, the layers in this image are excellent! Love the tonal and color variation in the bands. Your composition is just about spot on too. Awesome work and I’m loving this sandstone series so much.

@Dennis_Plank Thanks Dennis. Not sure why those little swirly things would be soft, was shooting f8 @ 1/1250 sec … strange, checked masks nothing there, perhaps the nature of the sandstone? It has me puzzled. :jigsaw:

@Alfredo_Mora Thanks Alfredo happy to hear you are finding these image enjoyable, they were a joy to capture and edit! :ok_hand: