Nature’s Silent Scream

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I took this image in the Bouddi National Park, where the rock formations naturally mimicked the swirling emotions of Edvard Munch’s “The Scream”.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is good feedback.

Technical Details

50 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄200sec at ƒ/10

2 Likes

Interesting image, Don! Obviously the 3 swirls at center are the main subject here… the textures work great for me. I think you could use a tad more breathing room at top and bottom but its nitpicking from me.

1 Like

Thanks Matt … yeah I agree on the more space up top, but one of my bad habits, framing too tightly has put that out of the question. Just going to have to head out and shoot it again. YAY! :grinning:

You should make a project of these, looks you have a whole bunch of these striking images. :slight_smile:

Very cool, the way this is so close to the painting, Saundie. You may have framed it tightly because something on the periphery spoiled the illusion-but it would be fun to go back and see.

Don, I really like this image. Such a great find and captured so well.

For some reason this reminded me of those wood carved African masks. The color may have something to do with it. The composition could be better.

Thanks Tomas. I do have a large number of them, I made a project out it for an exhibition at a local gallery encouraging locals to get out and appreciate our nature, the collection was called Sand Strokes … I think the idea may have been a little abstract for most.

Thanks Dennis, the only way to find out is go back and do it all again, its one of those places that just keeps on giving so it will be worth the trip.

Thanks Shirley, glad you like it! :pray:

1 Like

Thanks Igor, yes I can see the mask. :+1:

Well done Saundie! Original and compelling abstract image with a great reference to that masterpiece artwork.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one who frames too tightly. :slight_smile: It’s a very intriguing image. I envy you the ability to go back for another try.

1 Like

Thanks Alfredo! :pray:

:rofl: I am sure there are lots of us Don! Thanks, yes I am lucky to be able to get back there, its all of 25 minutes in the car and then about 4 hours of distraction before I find it again. @Don_Peters