Odd Pods

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

“Odd Pod I” from a series of four, taken on a rain-bound day, presents two lotus pods leaning towards each other, almost as if they’re engaged in a subtle exchange of ideas. There’s a certain synergy in their stance, a natural coming together that suggests a meeting of minds. It’s a study in how stationary objects can convey a sense of interaction through their placement and form.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

50mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄30sec at ƒ/8.0

1 Like

I’m not sure how “abstract” this is, Saundie, but I like the composition a lot. I’m not sure it needs all the white space on the sides, but that might just be me.

Saundie, wonderful work! From a technical standpoint, everything looks in focus with crisp detail. I really like the black and white treatment which looks like a fine pencil drawing to me. I think the white space around the subject helps focus the eye on the lines and details especially the inner parts of the pods. If you’re other images are cropped to 1:1, then I would keep this one the same; otherwise, a 4x5 vertical would work nicely too.

Not sure if it was possible but I would have like to see more separation between the twisty stem of the bottom pod next to the vertical stem.

Although this not exactly “abstract” because the subject is recognizable, I think the message you are trying to express is. I also appreciate the purpose behind this mini series.

@Alfredo_Mora @Dennis_Plank

Thanks for the feedback, yes I suppose its more the narrative that is abstract, I guess this is better under Flora.

The Odd Pod series ends with this image. I was trying to keep the aspect ratio at 1:1 as you picked Alfredo.

Saundie: Striking images both. Really well captured and superbly processed and presented.>=))>

1 Like

Thanks, Bill. I appreciate your feedback. Occasionally, rainy days have an upside; it was fun to do something different. :+1: