Oh for Some Light......

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

When I go to work, the mornings are sunny and bright. When I get a chance for photography, the skies are gray and dark. The morning this photo was taken was also very dark. The resulting image was noisy, but was able to control most of it and shadows were very dark so I played around with shadows sliders to bring up some features. I especially like the head with eye directed forward and the fanned tail which has a surprising amount of light showing through the non-overlapped portions of the feathers,

Technical Details

Z9 600mm f4 (1/1600 sec at f6.3, ISO 3200) DeNoise, Levels, Crop for comp, Brightness & Contrast, Shadows & Highlights.

Very nice job, particularly for low light and against the bright sky, Jim. I’m not seeing any significant noise in the plumage and you caught a really nice wing position. As you noted, the fanned tail is really interesting with the light shining through.

Wonderful!! Very pleasing “pose” and excellent management of tonalities. The NR is excellent and natural looking, with no plastic look. Well done!

Agree with previous comments: nice flight pose and good job in editing.

Hi Jim, love seeing this underwing banking pose with the spread tail and wings. Feathers on the bird look quite nice. Well done.