On My Evening Walk

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The light along the Sacramento River corridor near my house is just perfect this time of year. The sun angle near sunset is parallel to the river, which makes for perfect backlight and a golden glow on the riparian vegetation. And yesterday evening, there was a clearing storm which gave us nice puffy clouds to boot.

Specific Feedback

Any comments welcome. Maybe I should have dodged that dark trunk along the lower left, but I didn’t.

Technical Details

Had the little RX1007 on autopilot:
Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 1.39.15 PM

Well darn if that light isn’t something. I’d be out every evening, too! That crazy tree in the middle is so whacky compared to the rest. I love that juxtaposition and it makes me wonder what the heck happened to jut that one. It appears to be hanging on though. The dark trunk on the far right is a jarring note though and I wonder if it could be made to be more harmonious with the rest of the scene. You know all the tricks and so I leave it to your discretion. Maybe it’s a counterpoint of solidity against the drooping enervation that the odd tree exudes. Hm…

Very cool POV, Bonnie. You are certainly right about that evening light as it is flat out gorgeous. The tree on the left looks a little worse for wear, but it certainly has character. I could see trying to lighten that dark trunk on the right as it conflicts with everything else in this wonderful scene. Nicely done!

Thanks, @Kris_Smith and @Ed_Lowe. I would fix that dark trunk were I to print this. Thanks.

Oh yes, that tree is what I really love about this. It’s a silver pine and are very common around here. They do tend to fall apart and shed branches in creative ways.