On the Other Side: Discovering the Unseen +Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Heading up the hill in Bouddi, there’s a simple curiosity about what I’ll see from the top. In my mind, I’m already framing the shots, looking forward to the new sights and the quiet surprises that nature might have in store. It’s just the thought of a different view, something new to capture and remember, that keeps my feet moving one step after another.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome.

Technical Details

14 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄125sec at ƒ/8

Hey @Saundie, I can see what you were after here. Nice composition and use of B/W. Though, it seems as though there are a few different scenes going on in here at once. First I see the trees and the clouds. Really like the sweep of the one on the right. Then I see the lines of the grasses with the line of the walkway. Nice little scene there, maybe even an abstract waiting to happen. So, my eye goes back and forth, not sure where to land. Looks like a great place for you to explore more, or look at more images from what you got.

1 Like

@patrick6
Thanks Patrick, yes I see what you are saying. Not an easy place to revisit, so had a play with what I have … took some of the light and clarity out of the grass and intersected with a linear graduation, pushing the light up the hill. Took a lot of the texture out of the sky and dropped the the exposure a bit. Thanks for the valuable input, let me know what you think.

Don I like better the rework, more stark. For helping the eyes to find a place were resting what do you think about lightening a bit the walkway?

I agree with @Giuseppe_Guadagno. The difference is like night and day. I also wonder if lightening the path would be the perfect finishing touch.

1 Like

@Giuseppe_Guadagno @Barbara_Djordjevic

Thanks for the feedback Giuseppe and Barbara, I have lightened the path, not a lot I didn’t want it become a standout, is this enough?

1 Like

Nicely done. Yes, this all helps the overall image. The bending trees to the bending walkway. Much nicer flow.

Really nice Don !!! I like all the different edits. Great perspective on this shot. Kept it simple and yet some of it could be complex. Maybe a slight vignette … maybe not … as always great black and white photography !!!

1 Like

Don, I think it is just perfect as you now have it.

1 Like

A very good work also for me.

1 Like