One of Many + Reposts

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any Canon 5dMkIII, f 10, 1/500 sec., iso 400, 180mm Macro lens. Taken in greenhouse with plastic film as background. Not sure of the type of flower.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I’m not qualified to critique many macro shots, John but it’s a lovely flower and a pleasing background. I believe this might be Dessert Rose, Adenium obesum. Anyway, I enjoyed the composition of the photo.

John:

While I’m sure the flower is beautiful, all my eyes can see is the white border. It consumes more area than the image. I guess to each his own on that style of presentation, but for me it completely detracts from the subject. I really wanted to see the flower, so I grabbed the image and reduced the size of the border with this result.

1 Like

One of Many RePost without border and thanks to Terry this flower is indeed, a Desert Rose. Thanks guys.
Wayne

1 Like

Even though I misspelled it… :wink:

John: Presentation issues aside, I like this capture. I’m undecided regarding the OOF bud. It does pull my eye but I like that small spot of color. The main flower is beautifully rendered. >=))>

Thanks Bill, I too had a doubt on the bud but like you the bud offered a small bit of complimentary color. This flower is just a small part of a very large Desert Rose growing in an Amish green house. I was allowed use of the greenhouse as long no photos were taken of the Amish themselves. It was, however, at least 125 degrees.
Wayne

John: I rally like the re-post without the border and the flower is nicely framed by the greenery. My only nit would be to consider burning the very bright bud in the background. Fine otherwise. Richard

Repost
Thanks Richrd, toned down the bud to the right of flower

Think the small white border gives the image a finished look. Personal preference on the bud is remove it. Regardless, a beautiful flower and a nice composition.