One Rock

Thanks, guys!

This is a very interesting perspective which I have not thought about in this image. I guess there is some kind of relative size information between the boulder and the small rocks in the foreground but no “absolute” size information is readily available. And I think you are right about it adding interest to the image. It reminds me of the comments made on my other image how it is not immediately clear whether you are looking forward or downward on the image. I might be on to something here.

Ah, I am glad you like this element of the image, Bonnie. That was the one thing that drew me in and made me take out my camera for this shot.

Good point, Ed. I was not aware of this until you point it out. To @Igor_Doncov’s point about lightening that wedge on the lower right, it seems that the different tonality between that and the one on the LLC adds to the depth of the image, but definitely something to play with.

I have also posted the borderless version on the original post. You are right, huge difference. This is really fascinating. In my estimation, this is very similar to Igor’s version of “One Rock”. The borders add so much to the image.

Definitely! Time flies, it’s already the end of February. December will come really fast.

Thanks, Matt. Yes, it is in focus from edge to edge and I do think it is an important part of the image. If I were not able to get it sharp from edge-to-edge with f/10, I would have focus stacked this. Perhaps I am traditional, but I have not found a “landscape” image where shallow depth of field actually adds to the image. What is your thought about this?

1 Like