One tree.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another view of White Pocket AZ.

Specific Feedback

Seeking any and all advice and comments. Thanks in advance.

Please view the large image!

Technical Details

Canon R7, 1/160 s, f/13, ISO 500, EF 24-105mm f/4 @ 28 mm, CPL.
Raw file processed in LRClassic and Topaz Photo AI. TK resize/sharpening for web.

2 Likes

Beautiful. This is for me a sweet image for the delicate lights and colors, the low contrast. The rocks create a crib where the tree seats in the middle. I like also the vertical dotted lines that seem to sew a dress for the rocks. A strong creative composition for me.

Love the setup on this one Ronald. The swirls of the sandstone accentuate that One Tree in a really pleasing way. The image feels light and high key to me overall, and that makes the darkness of the tree a bit of a jarring transition. It might be worth playing with lightening the tree and darkening the sky just a hint to smooth that.

Another nice thing about this image is that most of the standard crops look good as well; nice to have options.

I played with those ideas; here’s what I came up with.

Wonderful composition! I agree with @John_Williams that the tree could be lighter, with a little more detail pulled out of the sky.

Thank you, @Giuseppe_Guadagno, @John_Williams and @Diane_Miller. I hadn’t thought about the darkness of the tree.

Very nice composition Ronald. Wonderful detail and textures in the rock. I agree with John’s mention of the dark tree.

@Giuseppe_Guadagno, @John_Williams and @Diane_Miller and @Eva_McDermott - I re-processed and lightened the tree. Thank you all for your comments.

1 Like