Only a Bramble

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 161, 1/250 @ f7.1 ISO 400

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

I had no idea what this flower was when I came across it climbing a wall in an old nineteenth century garden. A kind of bramble, related to the blackberry, this is a rubus benenden plant ( there seems to be no common name for it )

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ian: What a nice find and I expect a pleasant surprise. We have some blackberries in our garden but they’re kind of hidden and I forget to go examine the flowers. I like the comp with the stem going diagonally across the frame. My only suggestion would be to make the spent flower in the URC go away but that’s a pretty small nit. Well done. >=))>

Only Ian? It is a beautiful photo of a flower that we don’t have here or I have never seen one. A flower that try to imitate a wild simple rose. Bravissimo.