Oops!

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This bale of silage had somehow rolled down a steep hill of hay which hadn’t yet been mown.

Specific Feedback

I took this in autumn in England nearly 12 years ago. I used a filter app. called Fractalis to add an abstract look.

Technical Details

D90 + 105mm f2.8 1/400 f6.3 ISO 200

Probably used Photoshop Elements before Fractalis - processing details lost in the mists of time. I reduced the saturation recently.

Love this, Mike! Really fun image. The processing you chose at the time works well to emphasize the calamity of the situation. Great that you found it!

1 Like

I love it Mike. Great line in this one. Initilly I wasn’t sure what it was.

1 Like

Mike, I’m chuckling!!! You’ve placed the path through the field and it’s source very well in the frame. I don’t know if it’s possible, but if you can, I’d suggest not adding Fractalis along the top, but it fits nicely in the field. The color transition through the field is a great addition.

Thank you, @Mark_Seaver - Content Aware Move Tool has now put paid to most of the distracting lines along the top.

Thank you for the EP.