Osprey Sentinel

This guy was hanging out in a tree near one of 3 occupied Osprey nests I observed this morning. Not only was he very friendly but he just happened to be facing some nice morning light. Dang, they have wings all the way to the end, don’t they?!

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod, 3200th, 450mm, ISO 1000, AI Clear, cropped to 3109 x 3592

1 Like

Gorgeous, David. The OOF background sets off the Osprey very nicely. I’ve never seen an Osprey up close like this, this one is magnificent. I never used Topez Al clear and Topez Al sharpen, I just wondering what the difference, if any, is?? Very nicely seen and captured.

I have Topaz Sharpen AI but it’s kinda slow and I find the Topaz AI Clear takes care of any sharpening needs I might have so I use it for any sharpening or noise situations.

1 Like

Wow!

I repeat.

Wow.

What a stunning image. Not just for the technical aspects which are pretty much perfect, but for the light and the pose. It must have taken patience and dedication and it was so worth is. Bravo for an outstanding image. And yeah…those wings are something else.

Hi Dave
Vary nice work controlling the white and browns on this Osprey. The eye contact tell you everything you need to know about the character of these birds. The wingspan of an adult Osprey is 5 to 6ft.
Nice looking Osprey.
Peter

What a regal pose! Gorgeous detail and wonderful BG! Beautiful handling of full sunlight.