Osprey with Catfish

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We watched an osprey circle the rookery in Louisiana for quite a while until it dove and caught this large catfish. He/she really had to struggle to get airborne with it.

Specific Feedback

Any observations/suggestions appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/3200s, hand held

Sweet image of the Osprey, though I must admit that’s one ugly fish. I like the level of detail in the background and the wing position of the Osprey is just about optimal.

1 Like

Hi Allen,

Greats capture of this Osprey with a catfish, I haven’t seen one with a catfish before and I can imagine how difficult the takeoff was since catfish are so dense, they weigh more that other fish of the same size.
I remember catching catfish thinking my line was snagged on a log!

Yep, as Dennis says, catfish aren’t exactly handsome… but they sure do taste good! :slight_smile:
Hmm…makes me want to go out for Salt -n- Pepper catfish tonight at out local Seafood Shack.
I’ve been thinking about seafood ever since I saw your “Crawfish on the Menu” series! :smiley:

The wing position shows it’s size well and it conveys the sense of power that it possesses!

Awesome capture!

1 Like