Our Dominant Male Anna's

This hummingbird dominates the good feeder that has the heat lamp on it. The feeder hangs from this plant hook and the heat lamp is just inside the screen window a foot or so away, hence the red on the breast of the bird. Background is the house wall a few feet away.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony a1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, hand held, f/9, 1/250, iso 800, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 5910x6231 from a horizontal original. Taken December 26th at 12:22 PM.

1 Like

I would never have guessed that the red on its breast comes from a heat lamp - looks natural to someone who doesn’t know this species. Great feather detail and super pose on that perch, Dennis!

I love seeing these guys in January. Ours won’t be back until end of May or thereabouts. I wouldn’t have guessed about the color either. That you care for them so well is wonderful. Great details and a slightly frowsy appearance here. Gives the little guy some character.

The color and detail on the larger image is outstanding. Nicely composed. Good job!