Out of the crowd

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

Another beauty, Ben! The backlighting works really well to pop the foreground away from the forest in the back. The shadows back there look a tad magenta to me, but the foreground looks about right. I’m not sure about the green in the LLC - you could have a go cloning some of the heather (it is heather, right? - having a senior moment) from other parts of the shot into that area. Just a thought. I love going on virtual walks with you.

Ben, this works very well because of the dark forest in the background making the foreground really stand out. Another very nice scene that many of us would just walk right by. You have a great eye for this.

Ben,
When you post your lovely woodland scenes I always feel like I am right there with you. The magenta of the heather contrasts beautifully with the greens of the surrounding vegetation and the darker BG helps to emphasize the wonderful light in the FG. I agree with @Kris_Smith’s thoughts on the bush in the LLC and the magentic cast in the BG trees. I hope you do not mind, but here is a rework with some small tweaks. I cropped off the bush and reduced the magenta in the BG while raising it just a touch to bring out the heather a little more. Just my opinion of course. Feel free to ignore it if that is not your vision. You have been on a roll lately with the heather images!

Ben, I love you use of a dark background here, it really makes the light on the bush pop. It’s the highlights in the bush and the heather that are what make this image so appealing. Thus I like what @Ed_Lowe did with making the highlights less prominent in the small bush on the left, and boosting them in the bigger bush. It places more attention on the center of the image.

You certainly should be very proud of your recent heather series, but this is my favorite of that collection.

@Kris_Smith , @David_Bostock , @Ed_Lowe , @Ed_McGuirk , I totally agree with your remarks and the rework Ed made. I made the whole image a bit more magenta in camera raw. It looked good to me . Now I much more like the rework .
Thank’s for all your kind words.

1 Like