Outer Limits - Pano View

I’ve always used the many arroyos or dry washes as a natural pathway or trail when hiking in the open desert areas. It’s a bit tougher go in the sand but I use ankle gators to prevent any sand overflow getting into my hiking boots. The benefits are it cuts down on damage to the terrain and many times the dry water ways harbor a lot of plant life as well as interesting erosion trails .

Specific Feedback Requested

Open for any input.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
2 Image pano.

Mamiya RB67 ProSD - Mamiya “C” 65 mm lens - Velvia 50

4 Likes

Paul, this is lovely. I’m enjoying the color shifts in the rocks from lower left to centr, to the ones catching the sun near the top. It also is very inviting to think about following the arroyo into that fascinating jumble of rocks. I agree totally with why you walk where it is somewhat harder. I try to use the stones in areas like this or where there’s a cryptobiotic soil covering.

Lovely light Paul. What a great grouping of boulders. That one boulder, lower left center, looks like it’s about to fall on the trail below. That velvia is sure working its magic. Love this.

@Mark_Seaver @David_Haynes , Thank you for taking the time to review and comment on this image. Of all the many locations I’ve photographed in J-Tree over the years my recall of this exact location is a bit fuzzy compared to most of my images from the park. I think it was near the White Tank area. I had to ask a ranger years ago about the many “Tank” designations in the park as to the meaning. Some were natural and others man made. But all refer to open water storage locations.