Outside In

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

All comments are welcome, but I’m most interested in whether the image piques your curiosity, what would you do differently and why.

Technical Details

1/3s f/8 ISO100

2 Likes

Bravo Andre,

I love the dark moody mystery of this image. The composition is excellent. The way the vibrant green lichens (I assume they are lichens) glow in a sea of darkness creates a stunning visual. When I look at the image I can see either a gap in a forest wall that reveals a world beyond, or if I shift my gaze I can see a face peering through the gap. This abstract frees the imagination and allows the viewer to contemplate many different narratives or stories. This is an attribute that for me makes for great abstracts. Well done.

Hey Andre :slight_smile:

I’m not the best at abstracts, I do have an imagination but I’m more of a literal thinker by nature, I’m trying though :slight_smile:

I like this, the in focus tree with the bright lichen are shouldered by the OOF trees on each side and they spark my thought process, to me the OOF trees serve as guardians of the in focus tree.
The slivers of light are gaps showing potential vulnerability.
My mind run out of creative steam when I got to the vines :smiley: Sorry.

Great capture!!
Very creative :slight_smile:

Thanks for the comments @Merv @Paul_Dileanis .
Paul, I was hoping the image would play with the viewer’s perception regarding foreground and background. Glad to know you experienced this way. Thanks for highlighting the face I didn’t notice before.
Mervin, the OOF focus trees are actually the gully walls with vines hanging down, but I like your interpretation of the guardians better. thx

I finally am seeing this on the big screen and figured out what it is. And even though I’ve figured it out, it still looks to me as if we’re seeing into a light space between dark walls. So, it does work on my perception of foreground & background. Not sure if I would do anything differently. Well seen!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, Bonnie.