Pac-Man

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Does this transport you to an earlier time?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

Lichens on a boulder. The largest cluster reminded me of the eponymous video arcade character. Pac-Man is considered one of the classics of the medium, virtually synonymous with video games, and an icon of 1980s popular culture.

Technical Details

Canon EOS 5D; Canon EF 28-70mm @ 70mm; f/16 @ 1/160 sec, ISO 800; handheld

Specific Feedback

Whatever you think, positive or not.

Very cool lichen patterns, Bob. The background colors really set off the greenish lichen.

So much of abstract imagery is about form and patterns. This is wonderfully composed Bob. The main lichen has a great shape that catches the eye. There is good balance in the frame with the background warm colors complementing the subject.

Thank you @Dennis_Plank for your comments. Fortunately it had rained and the colors were more vibrant.

Thank you @Alfredo_Mora for your comments. As long as I am not confused with Jackson Pollock I’m OK.