Painted Skimmer (Libellula semifasciata)

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any is fine.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500, 200-400mm f4 + 1.,4x TC (1/125 sec at f22, ISO 640) Slight crop for comp, Topaz DeNoise AI, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast, Rubber Stamp Tool for Dust Bunnies. I was visiting the Oak Openings area in Northwest Ohio and found quite a few painted skimmers flitting around a boggy area in the park. This was a new species for me and it is uncommon to rare across the Northern part of its range. I decided to use this lens combo to get a nice, clean background…Jim

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Jim, the details in the df really pop in the large view. The background blends well with the df’s colors. Well done.

1 Like

Such a great capture of this DF, Jim. I just love how the BG makes him and his perch pop. Great selection of lens combo to accomplish this. The shade of greens and browns in his eye is complimented within the BG as well. The perch leaning into the frame is a nice plus. Not no real game changer, but wondering if it would improve an already excellent capture if you cropped or cloned that tiny piece of bud that is coming into the frame at the bottom? Just a thought. I feel bad even mentioning anything that isn’t positive on this shot. Well done.

1 Like

The dragonfly stands out against a nice background. great details. Nice composition with the perch leading to the dragonfly. Love this image!

1 Like

Jim: Just a superb image in every respect. Lots of good choices resulting in a marvelous presentation. Many :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

Great shot Jim, especially like the sharpness of the brown against the green background.

1 Like