Palm Coast Pilons

Critique Style Requested: In-depth

The photographer has shared comprehensive information about their intent and creative vision for this image. Please examine the details and offer feedback on how they can most effectively realize their vision.

Self Critique

The pilons ( ? correct spelling ) with their reflections against a long exposed sky and water

Creative direction

There is a lot on black and white interplay - the sky, especially the central clouds, pilons. I tried too simplify the image by taking multiple long expoures

Specific Feedback

Thoughts on simplifying this further - eg by separating the 2 sets of pilons

Of course, any other direction to explore

Technical Details

150 secs - rest standard

Description

Walking on the Palm coast on an early morning - relatively calm, when I saw these pilons standing out . Personally I love long exposures of water and sky and saw this as an opportunity to make a meaningful black and white image

2 Likes

This is a lovely black and white image, Karl. The long exposure works well to simplify the scene, allowing those pylons(?) to stand out as the only sharp element in the whole scene. Very nicely done.

1 Like

Hi Karl! This is a very nice image! I really like the simplicity of the composition and how the long exposure removed any competing elements. B&W treatment works very well also. It is rather dark, which provides a nice somber mood I really like. Well done!

1 Like

Gorgeous!! The long exposure is perfect, as is the B/W treatment. The sky is wonderful and I love that those two (yes, pylons, or also pilings) are more separated from the group, and in slightly deeper water so have a different look in the reflections. I also love that the reflections end before the frame and that they don’t break the horizon. Super well done!

1 Like