Parking Lot Flowers

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Working on-site in NC, rainy, cold weather with nothing to do. I sniped these off the tree in the parking lot and brought them up to my room. The puffy spots are not clouds. They are a reflection of the flowers in the window glass.

Specific Feedback

I could not get the crop and where the bud on the bottom added or distracted.

Technical Details

restored SD card lost data

1 Like

well good for you for finding something to work with - the reflection looks good as fake clouds. You could clone out the bud at the bottom since it doesn’t work well. No harm there. The Jpg seems a bit artifact-y, but could be just compression issues. Nice crispness where needed in the flowers and I like their freeform nature - a very blowzy flower.

Steve. I had to read your description to figure out what was going on here. Nice job getting this shot inside your room. I would think about cropping just a bit more off the right to reduce that twig going out the right side of the frame. Love the cloudy reflections.

Steve: I like the subject and your basic capture. I would be tempted to crop from the left side as there is just a bit more negative space there than I like. It also looks a little dark and could use a slight exposure boost. The twig exiting the frame also bugs me and the bud on the bottom should go away as well. Sounds like a lot of negativity but here are the suggested changes for your considerations. Back to you. >=))>

1 Like