Path to sand

Image Description

Thought this image would work for the texture weekly challenge. It was a cold windy morning on my local beach and the pattern in the sand is very rare and I had to take the shot.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I like the texture but may have gone too far with the sharpening.

Technical Details

Sony Alpha A6600, Sony 18 - 135 Kit lens, f/14, 1/60 sec, ISO 100, 52 mm

1 Like

Hi Bradley,
wow, I love those sand patterns. I’m a little envious of your “local beach”. :grinning:

The image does not feel overly sharp.

Do you have shots that focus solely on the sand patterns? I’m afraid I could spend hours to shoot them.

Bradley, the texture in the sand is wonderful. I’m also enjoying contextual contrast with the blocks, which of course are made of sand. A pure sand pattern view would also be a fine abstract.

Hi Bradley, I like the sand patterns and have similar shots of my own. Somewhat mesmerizing; the patterns in the lower half almost seem to be opposing. Inclusion of the stone walkway adds interest; sometimes patterns by themselves can be boring but inclusion of those different geometric shapes makes the whole image more interesting. Nicely seen and captured.

Thanks Jens. Normally the beach is very bland but this was a special morning. I have posted a second-place short for you to advise me on.

Thanks, Mark. That is what I liked when I took the photo. The sand was covering half the bricked path with a smooth transition. Appreciate the comment.

Thank you, Jim. I saw it and had to take the photo, nice when it works out that way.