PEACE!

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

One of our last roses of 2023 after a brief rainfall.

Specific Feedback

Any comments are appreciated. I just noticed the bright leaf in lower right corner. Probably should have darkened it.

Technical Details

Canon mk IV; 24/70 lens; f16; 400 ISO; 1/200th. Some sharpening and cropped to eliminate some negative space.

Lovely!! The water droplets are gorgeous! The rose stands out in 3D, with lovely soft light. It is such a strong element that the BG might stand just a tiny bit more color (saturation). Darkening that one leaf could be good but the image is so gorgeous that it’s a small thing.

Beautiful, Jim. Excellent depth of field-I suspected a stack until I read your specs. I certainly didn’t notice that leaf until you pointed it out and, of course, now I can’t unsee it.

That is one lush beauty, Jim. Even if it didn’t have the droplets it would be stunning, but with them it’s extra special. The soft light brings out so much texture and structure. I like that you’ve kept the background subdued. Super job.

@Kris_Smith Thank you. The roses, in anticipation of winter, are really putting on a show.