Pemaquid Point Lighthouse

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Doug, I like the pool of water and the leading lines. But for me they seem to dominate the image just a little too much. Maybe a small crop from from the bottom. I bet when processing you wished you stepped to the side and got the full reflection of the light (something I’m sure I would not have noticed in my camera’s viewfinder). The structures look a little tippy. Love the warm light from the house and the dark sky. Very nice image.

Doug, I like the strong twilight mood in this image very much. I like the strong contrast between the dark sky/rocks and the brighter light and buildings. One often sees this lighthouse shot under sunny conditions to get the reflection in the pool with a blue sky. But I like that you tried something different, and instead came away with a much more moody image as a result. My only nit is that i agree with @Stephen_Stanton that I wished you had stepped slightly to the left or right to avoid having the reflection of the light not merging with the rock. Under these conditions, I suspect that may have been pretty hard to see this issue in the field .