Pine Siskin

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

These little birds seem to hang out with Goldfinch family. with yellowish bands in their tails, they can sometimes be mistaken for juvenile goldfinches. They are small. And when they are a breeding plumage the yellow bands become much brighter.

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

iso-1000, 400+1.4 extender, F7 .1, 1000th, Sony A1

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Very nice! Good sharpness, lighting, pose and perch, wonderful BG. I find the bit of moss at the bottom attracts my attention by being right at the edge of the frame, which competes with the bird. I think a crop from the bottom would leave a very pleasing frame.

thanks Diane for your comments. I thought a little clump of moss at the bottom of the perch might be little bit of An eye magnet but I was hoping most people would be looking at the bird. I did think about saying something but posted before got the chance .

Hi David, really nice head turn you captured and fine details on the bird. Pleasing BG and nice light. I noticed the moss on the perch. Could try cropping from bottom or including more of the moss as an additional element of interest. Nice catch.

Nice shot of the Siskin, David. I really like the pose and the detail is great. Here’s another vote for a slight crop from the bottom to eliminate the moss. I like it, but when I sat back in my chair with the image on the screen, my eye kept going from the bird to the moss.