Pink Orchid

Hi to all My flora photography friends!

I’ve been scarce and going to be scarcer on this board due to a bad rotator cuff and bicep injury in my right, dominant, arm. Will find out Tuesday what will happen next , my general doc told me the arm may have to be immobilized, or may have to have surgery. At any rate, supposed to not use it , making editing, taking pictures and using the computer (unless I can use just my left arm - a frustrating task).

I hope everyone has a great Holiday. I hopefully will be back soon. In the meantime will be viewing the posts from time to time but just using my left arm to type to the extent I am able .

Oh yes, I took this with a lens baby and a d800, handheld, aperture unknown but probably around f8.

Best to all

Kathy

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hope you have better news on Tuesday. After breaking my right wrist I bought a mirrorless Sony and have not gone back to the heavy DSLRs except for avian photography. The mirrorless are so much lighter and your recovery time will be shorter.

Not sure the lensbaby effect works well on this image.

Wishing you and yours Happy Holidays.

Pat

Sorry to hear… There is always tripods, flowers, macro and such as you recover.
This nice, I might take some off the top.

I agree with Patricia about the lens baby.

A mirrorless system might be right for you. You could use your current Nikon and Nikon compatible lenses with a converter if you are looking at a Z6 or Z7. it might be fun to rent one for a few days or a week to see how it feels to you. Here’s hoping you heal quickly!

Kathy: I like the lensbaby effect but do think I would crop some from the top. Hope your recovery is swift and complete. >=))> :+1::+1: