"Pink Perfection" Camellia japonica

I am finally back after a month’s hiatus: enduring through my wife’s passing, house cleaning for sale, legal necessities, ad nauseum. I took a few hours break to catch the camellias while they are peaking. Most don’t last beyond a few days to a week, and I didn’t want to miss them. A spot of beauty in some painful days!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any distracting elements?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Saturation and sharpening OK? Crop OK?

Any pertinent technical details:

Camera Info: Nikon D750, monopod
Lens: VR 300mm f/4E
Focus Mode: AF-C
AF-Area Mode: Group Area AF
VR: ON
Aperture: f/8
Shutter Speed: 1/60s
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Exposure Comp.: -0.3EV
Metering: Matrix
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 800
83% of full frame (cropped to 4:5)
PP in LR/PS CC 2019, Topaz Studio, Camera Raw filter, TK actions (glow and sharpen for web)

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Phil, so sorry for your loss. I know that’s tough. Saturation and sharpness look natural, not overdone. Seems you have room for different crops to your liking.

I am so sorry to hear , Phil…
Flower is beautiful.

My sympathy for your loss, Phil. The photo is beautiful. I hope your photography can help with your loss and all the changes… Best wishes.

Thanks all for your condolences. Tough times!

Hi Phil,

I am sorry for your loss.My thoughts are with you. Your Camellia photo has excellent color and I like it as presented. Well done…Jim

Phil. Sincerely sorry for your loss. Photography helped me work through the day by day process of continuing on alone.
The camellia is beautiful, colorful and wonderful to view. So nice to see a flower blooming while the weather here has been brutally cold this fall.

Phil: I’ve expressed my condolences privately but do wish you a quick recovery. As for the image, the main bloom is superbly rendered but the OOF pink above the flower and to a lesser extent the pink in the ULC bug me a bit. I’m more OK with the LLC. Great to have you back. >=))>