Pink Perfection Redux

Camellia japonica “Pink Perfection”—the only thing missing is a floral fragrance, although Camellias do have a nice plant smell :relaxed: a 14 image focus stack.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

If you see any artifact or processing blunder

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I did a lot of work on the BG. Does it look authentic?

Any pertinent technical details:

Camera Info: Nikon D750, tripod, remote release
Lens: VR 180mm f/2.8G
Focus Mode: Manual
AF-Area Mode: Single
VR: OFF
Aperture: f/5
Shutter Speed: 1/250s
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Exposure Comp.: 0EV
Metering: Matrix
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 200
86% of full frame
PP in LR/PS CC 2019, Helicon focus, Topaz and Camera Raw filters, TK Sharpen for web @50%

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Phil: Perfection indeed. Magnificent bloom superbly captured and processed IMO. I like the BG although I have to admit the pink on the right pulls my eye a bit. I almost wish there was some on the left side as well. :+1::clap:>=))>

You composed this nicely… not directly head on, but on an angle but still in sharp focus throughout. If you had not mentioned the background I wouldn’t even have taken a close look. Such a delicate bloom.

Phil, I love camellias and this image is stunning - a gorgeous color, great position and beautiful light. There’s not a thing I would change. The background is perfectly fine to me.

Hi Phil,

I like this one as presented. You might be able to carefully darrken those pinks in the BG which should strengthen the comp…Jim

The background looks very natural to me, Phil. I’d never have guessed you played with it. A lovely image, very well composed.

Phil are you sure? I can smell a floral fragrance. The portrait is beautiful, the colors very natural, the BG is perfect also for me. May be lowering a bit the highest lights in the first petals? May be.

Exquisite, Phil ! Have no problem with any aspect of this image - I like especially the just off-centre framing which makes it look like the flower is about to open fully to our gaze.

Gigi, I know how they smell here, on my home turf—as I have described, pretty much.