Pintails in flight & 2nd Repost After Comments

similar to a previously posted image but new processing. taken late afternoon.

What technical feedback would you like if any? should have used higher SS

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 400, 100-400 plus 1.4X, f8, 800th, A7R3, handheld, 60% full frame

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Good interaction between this male and female. Great wing position on both birds and both are in good focus. I wish for more room at the top but I recognize that there may be some elements that might have been distracting requiring you to crop this the way you did. Would also like just a little more room for the to fly into on the right. There appears to be a slight color cast, maybe magenta or red but I’m having a hard time trying to figure it out. It may just be my computer. Good action shot David. Very difficult to get two birds on the same focal plane.

Hi David, nice to get both birds sharp and in good flying poses. This makes for a very compelling image. I could see adding a smidge more room on the right.

Excellent detail in both birds, David. I like the wing positions. As to the two comments on room above, It does look as if a bit more both on top and the right might make this even better.

Repost from original RAW file

Hi David
Vary nice color, detail and flying action. Of the two post, I like the second with just little off the bottom of the frame. I like the added space.
Peter

I like the extra space, David. I agree with Peter that you could take a touch off the bottom, but the headroom and space to fly into work much better in the repost.

This is beautiful David, sweet lighting, both birds in focus. I think the pano crop suits their long bodies and the comp well, I could see just a touch more room in front and on the bottom from the first post but certainly I like to see the detail in it much better than the full frame shot posted later. Well done.

Wonderful shot, David - the ducks wing position are nice in sync. Both versions look good to me, but I’d go somewhere in between, probably as in Nate’s suggestion! Congrats on a great shot. Cheers, Hans

A 2nd repost with suggestions.