Play that song again

Description:

I stumbled across this old stereo console system in 2015 on the Oregon Coast. I did not have the right lens with me, so went back to the car. Then I couldn’t find the console again…finally did though.

Here’s the B&W version:

Here’s a closer version. Kinda like the foot prints in the sand:

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any comments appreciated.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No

Canon 5DIII, EF 11-24mm @ 11mm, 1/60 sec @ f/9, ISO 100, handheld, I think.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

That is bizarre and kind of random. I am preferring the color version, as it seems to give more identity to the console with its colors. Nice job at capturing the weird and unexpected beach item.

That’s a very strange find! Great capture of it! I wonder if it got washed there from one of the tsunamis that they get along the coast?

Amazing find, well photographed! I’m wondering about the added possibility of a different image, where the BG is not in the frame, to leave more of a surreal sense of not knowing where the sand dune was. Did you do any shots that are not so wide angle?

There should be a challenge for out-of-place items.

Thanks @Harley_Goldman, @Vanessa_Hill, @Diane_Miller for the comments. I appreciate them.

Vanessa, while this is on the Oregon coast, it’s several miles inland, so not likely that this came in from tsunamis. That would be a cool idea though.

Diane, I posted closer version up above with out the background.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

David, I too prefer the first (color) version. The colors in the console help it stand out from the very inviting surroundings. For me, that adds to the surprise of the view. The tracks are a fun addition, especially the barefoot tracks to its left, heading out of the frame.