C/C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D810
Nikon 70-200

2 Likes

Enjoying this one …especially the light. Composition is terrific

Joao

To find out where for you my eye should be drawn to, the focus point is. I think your intention are the light trees.
But my eyes are drawn to the dark trees in between them. With this I will show that the important point in an image can be personal and different.
I have no nits on this fine image. Well made.

@Ben_van_der_Sande Actually I believe the focal point of this photos are those tree trunks you’re mention.
My intension of “lightening” a circle around the focal point is to drawn the eye to it, maybe not at the first sight, but that was my intention.
Thank for noting.

My eye was immediately drawn to the dark and somewhat mysterious center of dark foliage which is accentuated by the brighter foliage. The repetition of tree trunks – bright ones on the right and a line of receding trees on the left convey a feeling of structure, which is then overridden by the cloud-like foliage. Very enjoyable.

I think I agree with Ben on this one. The center of interest is the four dark trees but the bright areas draw you away from it. I would actually drop the highlights of the brightest foliage.