Posing for the camera Updated

Updated:

Image Description

This butterfly sat there for a while and I thought the angle with the background would make a nice photo.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.

• Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

The top of the wing is oof, is that ok because the rest is sharp. This is not cropped. I was going to crop from the LRC to remove the green but gets her too close to the edge. Comments welcomed.

Technical Details

R7 RF 100-500 1.4x 700mm 1/800 f/14 iso 1600 HH

2 Likes

Dean, I have been out of town for a few days, so trying to catch up. Can’t sit at the computer too long at the time because the traveling got my back muscles reminding me that they are there.

I’m okay with the oof on the top of the wing, as it looks like she/he has had some wing damage anyway, so less attention drawn to them. You might could crop some on the bottom and left. I see what you are saying about the green on the right though, it is drawing the eye a little. Not sure if a vignette would help or not. I’m glad the butterflies are posing for you.

Dean, the “bright sunny day” feeling in this view is very good. Cropping off the left to 4x5 would work well. You can burn-in the oof green in the lower right to reduce it’s influence.

Thanks for the feedback, @Shirley_Freeman and @Mark_Seaver. I changed the image to 4:5 and cropped from the left and bottom. Seem to help.