Pre-release of the unknown

So I have trying to switch to my 6D ii when using the macro to get the 1:1 and I have found I have a little more room to work with compared to my 90D. (for macro stuff only) So would like to get some input on that.

Anyway, I have been focusing on tiny insects and I saw this black line in a leaf. I thought it was a dead part of the leaf and just left. But thinking about it I used the 180 macro and took a photo. When I zoomed in it was a tiny insert . I am not sure what he is, almost a wasp shape look since I have been photographing the hawk wasp, pretty sure that is not what this is.

Macro 180 very close to 1:1 Soft diffused flash, iso 1000 (which may have not been needed) 1/320 f/11 on a Tripod gimbal I posted a non crop and crop version. Looking for ideas on cropping here

Dean, I am not sure what this little guy is, and I can see where you were about to pass it off as a dead part of a leaf. I like the full frame for macro, myself. I think it gives me better details, and the lenses work better in my opinion on them. At least I have had better success with the full frames with the macro lenses. I use my 7D Mark II for birds, as it gives me more frames per second.

The loss though, is that the crop factor helps you in tiny critters like this one. You have a nice sharp image, so you could probably crop some more, mainly off the bottom and right side for better composition.

The details look really good of the insect.

Good point Shirley about the crop factor helping.

Looks good to me Dean. I also like the cropped version with more details showing.