Tiny ones

I found these 2 when looking for the subject I was after. I an using a 90D 180 macro and a 25mm extension tube. ISO 320 1/400 F/8 I think F/8 might have been 2 wide. I should have tried other settings. This is really cropped. I could not see them at all with my eyes. I think the focus was on the top guy because the lower one looks soft

What I am looking for here is composition and light adjustments, I don’t want the bush around them to distract from the subject. Any thoughts good or bad welcome, that is why I am on NPN

I have NO what these are LOL

Wow, these look like that they are tiny, Dean. I have no idea what they are either, maybe someone else might. I looked at the Bug Guide website, but not knowing what type of bug, I was looking for a needle in a haystack. Yes, probably could have used f16 or something like that maybe would have made both bugs sharper. I wonder if you rotated it 90 degrees counterclockwise so that they are standing up right would improve the shot, and make the bugs stand out better with the green leaves. As for lighting, it looks like it is good on my screen. Hope that helps. That is one of the reasons I joined NPN too, was to learn, and hopefully I can contribute to others in the nature photography journey as well. I appreciate your macro photos that you have been posting. Keep up the good work.

I will have to try rotation Shirley. Next time I will do more wide DOF F/16 or 22

1 Like

Dean: You did good here IMO. Might be aphids and if they are you really did get up close and personal. Nicely done. >=))>

Thank you Bill, I had no clue these were and I only saw them through the camera so they much be tiny

just found this link that might be those bugs (yellow aphids)
https://bythedrop.com/gallery/Insects/Yellow-Aphids-on-Mandevilla-Plant

Dean, the colors both in the bugs (I was thinking aphids, also) and in the leaf they’re on look great. The larger view looks is showing some effects from the large crop. If you’d gotten close to closest focus with your len + tube combo, you’d have been approach 2X magnification, but then your depth of field would be tiny and you couldn’t get even one of these nicely sharp…the main macro trade off.