Tiny World update

I found this little one on the flower. I have seen him a couple of days but he spooks easy. Used my 90D and 180 macro with a soft flash. ISO 500 1/160 sec f/22 . I did use Topaz Clear AI but very low settings and only the dark park of photo. I didn’t know how to mask in Topaz so I just used a smart object in Photoshop. I also used a high pass on just the subject (again with a smart object in PS) I am not sure if that is his eye but if it is that was a good pose he did considering how he moves the second something is near. Put in Bug Gide to find out what he is unless someone here knows. I did try tp preserve the web still attached to him as it shows he just landed. The background was pretty dark so I brought that up just a little to show the web more.

Dean, It is a tiny world of little insects, and macro really gives us the opportunity to see far more of it. Looks like not only was he coming down the web from above, but he was ready to get out of photo range of you in a hurry. Getting his eye to show between the legs was a real nice bonus, otherwise you would have been left with just his back side. I think you managed everything pretty well considering his size, location and angle he was posing for you.

Hi Dean, looks like this image tells a story as the spider is heading down into the flower. Great to catch the eye as Shirley mentioned. The light seems flat in this image - wonder if some brightening or maybe additional saturation would help give it some pop. Well seen and taken.

Dean: Nice find and good on you for keeping after an illusive subject. Well done. >=))>

Thanks Shirley, Bill and Allen. I have shifted more on insects lately and started this trend when I found my first one a while back by accident. I am not sure if this photo was not savable until his eye ended up where it did, This is the first tiny spider I found. Allen, I tried the Radial adjustment in LRC to see if I can add something to focus more on him. Let me know if this worked.

Hi Dean, yes I think this is an improvement. Cool image.