A little spider - update 1

I found this guy moving back and forth and they decided to stop for a bit. I used my Canon 6D ii and the 180 macro Not a lot of light so use a soft diffused flash, ISO 1000 1/640 F/18. Maybe f/29 would have been better but I think the key spots are ok. This as close as the macro gets so no crop here. I wasn’t sure how to crop it, I kind of like seeing the web connected to something as he hangs on. Suggestions welcome. I did go back today to find him again but had no luck, I know exactly where this was.

Dean, this is a nice tight look at this little spider. The strands of silk look good and I like that you’ve included the anchor in the upper left. A bit of burning-in on the spider’s abdomen would be good and a lot of burning-in on the vegetative bit in the upper left would let the spider dominate the viewing. In the large view, there’s some JPG banding in the background

Dean, a good find. Now that you know where he is maybe you will find him again. I agree with Mark on his suggestions about burning-in on the spider and the vegetative in the upper left corner. I think you handled it very well, and I’m not sure that f29 would have helped that much. I like the soft oof BG, and you might would loose some of that with f29.

I did some updates as suggested @Mark_Seaver and @Shirley_Freeman

Oh yes, to me that looks much better, Dean. Great job.

Dean: Nice work on the repost; made a fine image even better. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:>=))>