Presence

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was sitting there, camera aimed at the terns perched on the rocks, when suddenly they scattered in every direction, wings flapping like mad. I didn’t need to look up to know who had arrived. The shadow passed over me, and sure enough, the white-bellied sea eagle had claimed the sky.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

451 mm at ISO 2500 and 1⁄3200sec at ƒ/11

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Very cool image, Saundie. I like the wing position and the tonality in the black and white. It does convey ownership of the sky quite nicely.

1 Like

Very fortuitous! Big thumbs up from me.

1 Like

This looks great in BW Saundie. I like the darker sky it is heading toward in the BG. Very nice clean image of a regal and commanding eagle.

1 Like

Excellent black and white rendition. The sky has an ominous feel to it; as did the eagle to the terns. The tonal similarity between the sky and eagle makes for an interesting image.

1 Like

Hi Saundie, I like your composition with the bird on the right with plenty of space to fly into. The sky adds a foreboding element as well. Black and white treatment is quite nice. Well done.

1 Like

Lovely!! Dramatic light on the bird, backed up by the drama in the sky!

1 Like

A fine image, Saundie. No criticisms to offer.

1 Like

@Allen_Brooks @Dennis_Plank @Allen_Sparks @Ed_Williams @Dave_Douglass @Diane_Miller @Don_Peters

Thanks for the feedback its really appreciated! :pray