The Silent Hunt

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

While wandering the shores of Terrigal, I looked up just in time to see this osprey gliding by. The bird’s powerful wings and focused gaze were mesmerizing. It’s always a privilege to witness such beauty in the wild.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

500 mm at ISO 2500 and 1⁄3200sec at ƒ/10

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Very nice, Suandie. You caught a nice flight pose with good wing position and the head turn really helps show off the bright eye. It doesn’t look like any of the whites are really close to being blown except possibly a couple of tiny spots, so you could probably bring them up a bit, though this is a good representation of the underside of the osprey in terms of the whites.

1 Like

Wonderful pose with very nice light and detail, and a very pretty necklace on this female! I love the eye and the subtle variation in the sky.

1 Like

@Dennis_Plank @Diane_Miller
Thanks for the positive feedback; it’s much appreciated! :pray:

Hi Saundie, nice in flight pose with the prominent eye. I like the wing position especially seeing the underside on the right. Well composed with room to fly into on the left.

1 Like

Thanks, Allen. It’s much easier to get these bigger birds. I’m still battling with the smaller, faster birds.