Psalm 19

Sony A77
Sony DT 16-50 f2.8 @ 26mm
ISO 200, 1/60 @ f8
This is my laptop wallpaper and was taken in late 2014 at Great Sand Dunes NP. I had a medical conference in Denver in November and decided to spend a couple days at the dunes before heading north for the meeting. It was well below freezing and I literally had the place to myself. This was part of the most spectacular sunset light show I had ever seen and still ranks # 1 in my experience and travels. The only other person who saw it was a janitor closing up the visitor center and he seemed unaffected. The heavens do indeed declare the glory of God. >=))>

2 Likes

Bill, this is a stunning image. Breath taking really especially with the color and cloud detail. Bob Engle

Bill, I remember this awesome sky (or another shot of this sky). It is an amazing sky where the tiny bit of landscape at the bottom sets the stage perfectly.

Absolutely spectacular, Bill. Great title for such a beautiful scene. What a declaration.

I can see the connection with the title. That pretty much sums it up. Perfect cloudscape, Bill and amazing terrain to ground the image. I can see why you put this is as a wallpaper.

Gorgeous Bill, absolutely beautiful. Definitely wallpaper, but I’d be tempted to print and hang it.

A gorgeous sky, Bill. I can see why you use it as a wallpaper.

This is indeed a gorgeous sunset, Bill! The profile of hills at the bottom both anchor the scene and magnify the tremendous expanse of it all. I love the textures and shapes of the clouds in the upper portion and the beautiful smooth tones in the lower left. Good job with the exposure also! I can see why you don’t get tired of looking at this!