Pylon habitat

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

There were some steps leading down underneath an old wharf. The wooden pylons were clearly marked by time and water and provided a protective habitat for mussels to grow. The angle of morning light created a spotlight effect on the pylon which I really enjoyed.

Specific Feedback

The water feels a bit streaky, can this or should this be softened? The water was quite murky so I didn’t want to brighten it or increase the clarity. Thoughts please.

Technical Details

Nikon z 24-80 mm lens
F9, 1/100 sec, 70 mm focal length

1 Like

The short answer is yes, it can be softened or smoothed out with PS “removal tool”. But I think that would look strange. Water isn’t usually smooth like a mirror or a dirty mirror. I like your composition and choice of subject. It has a floral feel about it. It looks great just the way it is.

Looks fine to me just the way it is.

I really like this image. The light is very nice and the texture is amazing. In my opinion the textures really make the image. I like the murky water and I like the ripples. It’s subtle it lets you know there is water there. Last the warm and cool tones also add to the image. Very nice.

I rather like this as is as well, I think the murky water makes this image. I like the compositon as well.

1 Like

I absolutely love this image. It’s so mysterious. It’s like a spotlight on stage.

1 Like