Quietly abstract

I was standing on a dock in a small lake watching the shadows and bright sun and a narrow band of organics floating along the shoreline. The scene was very high contrast but, what the heck, give it a try as it was not a particularly photogenic scene! The photographs I made a few seconds after of my young nephews and nieces fishing were both much better exposed and more “photogenic.” But this abstract has always fascinated me.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Pentax K100D, 1/500, f/8.0, 150mm, ISO400 with adjustments to tone curves and Y & G luminance in LR

4 Likes

Awesome abstract. Looks like an interesting design on the top of a latte.

This is a true abstract and absolutely wonderful. Without having any idea what it “actually” is , I find it evocative. That is, I think, because the fractal curves speak to that which is living and even though I can’t know if I’m looking from far away or close up, I recognize the expressive form of life.

David and Kerry, many thanks for you kind comments.

Absolutely stunning. The composition is totally balanced. It definitely reminds me of the american abstract expressionist painters of the 50’s. Well seen and captured!

Stunning. This image really grabbed me. I don’t know how I missed it earlier. Wonderful abstract. I’d be interested to see what it looks like rotated 180 degrees.

Thank you, Tony and Chris, for your appreciation. I really was not sure how this image was going to be received so I’m pleased. Chris, I tried to photograph it while standing on my head, but it was too challenging. :slight_smile: I’ll try the easier method in LR and see how it looks. Again, thank you all.

Here is a quick frame grab flipped.

1 Like

I kind of like it! The weights of the light and dark are now in the “right” places.