Raindrops on False Hellebore in Glacier NP

My wife, son and I were hiking out on the world famous Highline Trail in Glacier NP after spending three amazing days and two nights at the Granite Park Chalet. The weather was less than agreeable on our hike, with light rain falling continuously. Nearing the end of the hike we were all ready to take off our packs and wet clothing, hop into our truck and begin drying out and warming up…until I saw this scene at my feet. It quite literally stopped me in my tracks. Despite pleas to continue, I took out my camera and began to experiment with compositions - all handheld - until I was satisfied that one of the images would be “the one”.

A year or so later, this was one of the images we hung in my gallery as a 32" x 48" print and it became a top five best seller during the four years we were in business. To this day it remains one of my all-time favorite photos.

Type of Critique Requested

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

The patterns, the rain drops, the colors…all of it!

Technical Details

Canon 5DMKII
Canon 24-105mm lens @ 105mm
ISO 800
f/16
1/125s
Processed in Lightroom & finished in Nik Software

Bret, I like this a lot. I am a sucker for curves so this is eye candy for me. The rain drops are a nice addition. My only nit pick is the yellow spot in the RL corner which is a little brighter than the rest of the photo. I wonder if darkening that just a touch would keep my eyes in the middle of the photo

Thanks, Richard. Glad you enjoyed the image. Hadn’t considered that before but might try it next time I’m in front of LR.