Rains Over Tetons

Autumn showers over the Teton range. I just arrived in late September to the area and it was raining quite heavily but as the cloud cover wasn’t too heavy it allowed for some interesting light play (and made the scene very bluish in color). I used a telephoto lens at 400mm to capture this perspective all the way from the main road.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 1Dx
Canon 200-400 f/4L IS USM

1 Like

A stunning image. Can’t think of any thing else to say, except thanks for posting it.

Beautiful capture of a beautiful scene, Dvir. Doing a scroll crop, I like it better without the dark clouds above, but it is stunning as posted. Processing looks spot on.

Very dramatic capture Dvir. I like it just as is.

I can see it with and without the dark clouds on top. Very well processed. You render the downpour very nicely, Dvir.

Lovely light on the rain in a stunning setting. The dark cloud shows where the rain is coming from but I feel it could be lightened quite a bit.

A wonderful image demonstrating the best light and subjects can be found in the worst of weather! I will echo that the cloud could be lightened in the URC to match the processing in the LLC and balancing the image a bit more but only a touch. This image is lovely as is even without the slight edit to the cloud!