Ranch Sunset

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any/All

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any/All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

This was taken of a sunset at the back of a friend’s exotic cattle ranch. It was a nice way to end the day. D500, Nikkor 18-200 lens, hand held, 1/60th, f/4.5, ISO 140, 48mm, cropped to 5568 x 3364, AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice contrast between the sharp, silhouetted forms of the bushes and the softness and colours of the clouds. Wondering whether a crop from the R might bring the tall branches into greater prominence.

Dave,

Terrific sunset sky and I think you’ve processed the colors/sat perfectly. Very easy to go overboard, but you’re rendered this beautifully.

Easy to back seat drive here and wish for a better vantage point. Looks like the heavy brush prevented you from getting a higher or clearer view? I do like the silhouetted small tree as Ian points out, but the dried grasses in the LRC aren’t adding much to the image, but I fear any crop here totally takes away from the beautiful sky. Don’t have any other nits or suggestions, especially not knowing what your options were at the time.

Love these moments and no doubt you won’t forget this one.

Lon