Reaching out

Along the trail to Twin Falls, WA.

Canon 80D, 1/30 s, f/6.3, ISO 1600, EF 24-105mm f/4 @ 28 mm, CPL.
Raw file processed in LRClassicCC. TK resize/sharpening for web.

Seeking any and all advice and comments. Thanks in advance.

Please view the large image!

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is a really nice scene @Ronald_Murphy! I love the luminance on the leaves and the way the darker lower part of the frame offsets the larger leaves. If I could offer one suggestion, it might be to see if some local adjustments to the lower leaves could bring out their detail just a little?

Thank you, Dan, for the suggestion. I added some clarity to the two front leaves which revealed some more detail.

Ronald, I really like the concept of this, even though it is a relatively monochrome green, the strength of the shadows and bright areas creates a lot of visual interest. Kudos to you for seeing this, those maple leaves really pop from the dark background. If you wanted to put even more emphasis on the leaves, you may want to consider a square crop that takes a little more from the bottom than the top. My view is that you don’t need that much dark space below to set the leaves off, and a square crop makes the leaves bigger in the image.

Very nice, Ronald! I like how used the light and shadow as well as shallow DOF in the lower half of the frame to emphasize the three dimensional aspect of this scene. It almost literally jumps off of the page.

Sweet shot it does leap off the screen. The strong vignetting works well.