Red-Bellied Woodpecker - With Rework

He was just hanging about, nibbling at insects in the Water Oak tree.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
I have no data specific on this image as the data was lost in the storm but I am pretty sure it was shot with my D810, 200-500, f/5.6, 1/800, ISO 640 as it was an overcast day,

1 Like

Red-bellied woodpeckers are wonderful subjects for the camera. The bright grren patch in the lower lh corner seems to draw my eye. I would drop the saturation down slightly for the greens. The bird’s bill tends to disappear against the tree trunk so you may want to play around with the shadows to help separate the bird from its surroundings. A nice pose and head turn complements your composition. Well done…Jim

You’ve caught an interesting pose here. Agree with Jim @Jim_Zablotny on softening the green in the corner.

Upside down. Very cool, Chris. I agree with the others about the lower left corner. Easily burned down some. The bird is tack sharp.

As suggested:

1 Like

Like the repost better … beautiful portrait of the bird with an interesting pose … well done .

1 Like

Excellent, Chris. The bit of rework made a big improvement to an already fine image. Great pose and head turn.

1 Like