Red Fox, Male

Not a lot to say about this guy. I see him nearly every day. There is also a female hanging with him. Hopefully, we’ll see some kits come spring.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any. Is the background too busy?

Technical Details

Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom, f/8, 1/250 sec., ISO 640. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. Topaz DeNoise.

2 Likes

Beautiful winter coat on this fellow, Terry. Can’t wait to see the kit pics in the spring.

Great shot. I think it’s your best fox shot yet… and that’s saying a lot. I have no problems with the wooded background. If this were mine, I’d be thinking about what wall I’m gonna hang it on.

Great subject and wonderful pose !
But I’m missing the fine details, also seeing some camera shake.

Thanks for your comments @linda_mellor @Dave_Douglass @JRajput. @Dave_Douglass, I consider your comments high praise, indeed considering the excellent images you have posted - especially of late.

1 Like

Gorgeous light, pose and setting! Something isn’t technically perfect with the capture/processing, though. Handheld? Issues with NR or sharpening? It’s a lovely image, and the raw file is worth having another look at. Were you maybe in burst mode and got a slightly sharper one?

1 Like