Red Fox

Red Foxes seen this month in the field behind our house. I believe the first two images are of a young of the year from this Spring and the third photo of a mature adult. I’m not sure of that though.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

First two photos:
Canon R7, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, tripod
ISO 4000, f6.3, 1/50s

Third photo:
Canon R7, Canon 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender III, tripod
ISO 4000, f5.6, 1/50s

Raw processed in DXO PureRaw 2 then Photoshop.

2 Likes

Nice series. The first two are particularly interesting because of the wet/rainy conditions. I find the colors to be more natural than the third one. I like the head positions and the direct looks in all of them. Crop/composition choices look good, too.

I enjoy the first one the most, why don’t you cool down the white balance a bit though? I see a red color cast so cooling down the temperature and making the tint slightly more green should help eliminate that.

Oh, they are beautiful, Allen. To have these visit behind your house is really a nice blessing. I especially like that first one, with the grasses behind him that seems to wrap around him and frame him. The wet grasses are a nice bonus too. Great series of shots.

1 Like

What a great series of images. I like the first one the best; I think because those grasses are so perfectly placed behind the fox, and I like the fox’s stance. To me, that first image is really well balanced. I guess I don’t really see the red tint that Eric mentioned, except maybe a tiny bit in the 3rd image, but I’m on laptop at the moment.
For me, that red stuff on the far left side is distracting. I sure like the fantastic eye contact and good focus in all 3 images.
Sheesh, look at those gorgeous tails!!! Lovely images!!!

1 Like

Hi Allen,

You captured some nice looks of these red foxes. Tweak down the red saturation especially in the third image which has a fairly strong color cast. The WB is pretty close in the other two, but they could use a slight reduction in yellow. Pretty darn good to get these guys and comps look fine…Jim

Beautiful series and first one is my favorite !
You may burn the grasses in foreground.