Red & Green Macaw

I have been off NPN for a few months, first traveling and then for shoulder replacement surgery. I am now sufficiently recovered to resume processing my images. I took this at dawn at the “Macaw’s Sinkhole” in Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil in July. The low sunlight illuminated the flying macaws but not the walls of this very deep and huge hole, which provided a dark background. Sony a9 on tracking mode, Sony 100-400mm at 400mm, f/6.3 at 1/2500th. ISO 2000.
_F011077%20web|690x459

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

Very nice. Beautiful colors and good detail; stunning against the black background.

1 Like

Gorgeous colors against that dark background, Charles. A beautiful image.

1 Like

The black bg makes this special as the colors really pop; your settings show the smallest details perfectly. Great capture.

1 Like

Stunning capture, Charles. The black background perfectly sets off the colors of the macaw. Both the lighting and flight pose are wonderful.

1 Like

A very nice in flight capture, Charles. The dark backgrounds makes him stand out nicely.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I’m glad you liked this image as much as I do.