Red Junglefowl

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Red Jungle fowl in it’s full glory. I must admit that I never found it to be so colorfull.

Specific Feedback

I happened to experiment with colors, doing some adjustments to the max. Please tell me if any color(s) looks to be over.

Technical Details

Canon 5D4; 500 mm; ISO 320; 1/320 sec. at f 4.5.

1 Like

That is quite the bird. I’m always amazed how beautiful chickens are, especially those showy boys. You’ve got the colors perfect for my monitor (MacBook Pro M2) and none look exaggerated since I’ve seen colorful roosters IRL and know how vivid they are. The sheen and iridescence you captured comes across so well. Really rich and with such curvaceous form and texture. And a touch of humor with the fluffy butt feathers that contrast with that lethal spike. A terrific catch as usual.

1 Like

Beautiful, Jagdeep. Kris said it well. This is just one awesome looking bird. It always amazes me that we domesticated such a beauty.

1 Like

Hi Jagdeep, I liked the jazzed up color version here - hey, why not?! :grinning:
Beautiful bird and I like the raised head crest too (not sure that’s always up). Nice frame.

1 Like

Reminds me of the one I saw in Borneo - got some nice shots of it, then it scuttled away into the jungle. When I showed it to the others, they laughed. It’s just a rooster, they said. But they were wrong, it’s the Original and best. Lovely colours, Jagdeep - could have a wee bit more space added at the bottom perhaps?

1 Like

We have Bantam chickens here, which seem to be almost identical, and the roosters are this vivid! I just shot a couple of them recently and the colors don’t look overdone at all. Gorgeous portrait!!

1 Like

He is beautiful, Jagdeep! The colors look good to me. We had Bantam chickens when I was growing up and this does remind me of one, as @Diane_Miller said. He really posed nicely for you.

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
The Red Junglefowl just pops off my monitor. The color and sun light of its feather is amazing.
Thank you for sharing this bird with us.
Peter

1 Like